First of all, I need to address why I have been MIA on this blog. My last post was nearly two months ago. I could go through a long explanation excuse of how I have been so busy moving and working, but I don’t want to lie to you. Yes, my family and I did move and I have also been working quite a bit. But, that has not stopped me from regularly maintaining my Facebook page, so why not post? Well, I think part of it is because I have been feeling like a big fraud. My page has gained popularity and I have been blessed with the greatest support system a girl could have. Not only do I have several family and friends who cheer me on, but there are hundreds of people I have never met who offer continuous advice and support. The thing is, although I am in fact doing everything that I have promised and posted, there are many things I have not done.
I have not been consistent at all with eating. Well, I have been eating, just not making good choices consistently. I have been doing the activities and exercises that I have been posting, but I know I am not pushing myself to do more.
With that said, I have had a few humbling, yet motivating moments the past couple of days and I am here asking you to not give up on me. I have not given up on myself and I know that I can and will live a healthier life.
There are many posts out there, including some from me, which give various reasons to lose weight. Everything from health to fashion has been mentioned. Let’s face it; we all know the health risks associated with carrying extra weight as well as the lack of clothing selections. We also have our own struggles with everyday life to deal with. If losing weight were easy, no one would be overweight. This is not a life that anyone chooses willingly.
With that said, I thought it would be an interesting twist to list the things I might miss about being overweight once I have crossed the line from obesity to “normalcy”. Here is a list of those things:
- The ability to stay off of everyone’s radar by staying hidden in the background
- Being able to stay in bed an extra 10-15 minutes every morning because I just can’t get the energy to get up
- Asking my husband for assistance to get up off the floor, or even the couch at times
- My slip on shoes, I might actually have to tie my own shoes
- Staying home all the time
- The constant weggies (TMI, I know, but this is my list and those of you who are obese know what I am talking about)
- My couch
- Elevators and escalators
- Sitting on the bench while my family rides the roller coasters
- Polyester and elastic
- The bruises on the side of my legs from chairs
- Seatbelt extenders
- Heavy breathing all the time
- The lectures from my doctor
- The lack of invitations to social events or even family events (this makes it easier to hide in the house)
As you have probably figured out, this is more of a sarcastic list. The point is, I have so much to gain by losing and I am so tired of starting over every single day. We all know that I have had my fair share of struggles the past couple of years, but it is my own fault that I let these life events interfere with what should be my number one priority: ME! That is why I have not given and I never will. Today is a gift just as yesterday was and it is my choice how I use it. I am using it to mark my determination to make not only today, but my future better than yesterday.