The time has come to reflect on 2011 and move towards 2012. While I can’t say that I accomplished all that I set out to this year, I can say that I have learned so much. Here are just a few things I am taking into 2012 with me that I did not have last year at this time:
- An amazing communityof literally hundreds if not thousands who are rooting me on.
- How lucky am I that I have all these personal trainers, motivators, friends, and mentors whose knowledge and experience I can draw from?
- A better understanding that weight loss/health is just as much mental as it is physical.
- Until now I never took the time to deal with the emotional aspects of being overweight and the reasons why I got this way to begin with. It goes much deeper than just the love of food.
- I have a better relationship with myself which has resulted in a better self-image the way I am now rather than the way I wish I was.
- This is directly related to the previous statement. Until I really started to understand why I am hiding behind my size, I really did not understand what steps need to be taken to fix it.
These last couple of months, I have worked very hard to work through all the denial and the brutal honesty is paying off.
Finally! I have a plan. It may not be the plan that works for anyone else, but it is a plan for me. I am taking this journey one day at a time and I will stop to smell the roses when I need to. I have nothing else but time, so I might as well not rush through it.
As I stated in my previous blog, my first short-term goal is to find constructive ways to deal with my emotions and stress other than eating and feeling sorry for myself. Hmmm, the first thought that comes to mind is the gym! 🙂